In fact I'd say that the Wolf spider is fascinating full stop. A small, fast running arachnid who chases down it's prey. No howling sadly.
The male of the species however, has some other pretty nifty moves. These two I saw a few years back and it was one of the rare occasions I had seen their display up close, whilst sitting with a cuppa on a gardening break. Again, a cheapo camera was at hand, so excuse the quality here.
The browner female watching I liked to imagine with a Bacardi and coke at the side of the dance floor, did seem interested in him, as he waved his pedipalps or boxing gloves, in Travolta style semaphore fashion to the female, for about five minutes. Until she got bored in the fourth minute and started to wander off.
He even waved her goodbye.
Sometimes the mating game, is a waiting game.

